Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Making Crib Rail Covers with snaps!! While She Sleeps!

Most people know that when you have a baby everything changes. Even though I said, "oh nothing will change!" yeah right. So since our little one is now 6 months old (almost 7, so sad) she has decided to surpass crawling and go straight to pulling up and trying to walk. We are super proud of our little one but since she has two chompers so far on the bottom we have noticed that she loves to stand at her crib and what does she do.... CHEWS THE WOOD AND PAINT!! So to make it safe for her because obviously we are just now trying to teach her the word no, I decided to make her a crib rail cover using snaps instead of ribbon!!! And yes that is her sleeping for her morning nap because as I was trying to say earlier, sleeping is the only time I get to make anything anymore!!! 
All I did was measure the crib rail (of course) and I actually had a piece of scrap from her sheet that I made that was the perfect size. It was about 6 to 7 inches wide and I think 52 or 56 inches long. I took a scrap piece of batting and fleece for the back. I sewed right sides together, turned them right side out and sewed it shut. I decided i wanted it quilted so I sewed lines every inch to inch and half across the whole piece and then sewed 3 longs lines down the width of the cover. After that I took my wonderful inheritance of snaps that I have from my amazing grandmother and put a snap in every other rail, I believe there is 8 snaps. I was thrilled with the way it turned out and little Lou loves it!! However, now she has decided to teach herself to walk towards the end of her bed and now she chews on that one!!! So what does that mean... yeap next nap I will be making one for the end rail!!

Sweet little baby sleeping, love her!!
I promise that next time I will take better pictures!!

Also if anyone would like me to make them some crib rail covers please let me know I would love to!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment